FOR FAMILIES & SELF-ADVOCATES
Community Threads is a social enterprise owned by Inclusion Selkirk. Our store works toward earning a profit while contributing to social good - providing volunteer work placements for people living with intellectual disabilities who want to:
- Train to work as as a cashier, customer service representative and inventory clerk
- Gain experience and comfort in the retail industry
- Develop skills that can be used to acquire another job.
Community Threads training includes:
- Employers' expectations regarding attendance, vacation and appointments
- Dealing with the public in a customer service role
- Interacting with co-workers.