WHO WE SERVE
Selkirk and Interlake
We provide services to members of our local community and the Interlake area.
Families & Self-Advocates
We work with families and self-advocates with intellectual disabilities.
As part of our community, we strive to give back:
• Provide Vulnerable Persons Act training to other agencies
• Volunteer for community events such as Holiday Alley and Homes for the Holidays
• Facilitate information sessions for families, agencies and self-advocates
• Participate in local events such as Selkirk Parade and Christmas Tree festival
• Working with other non-profit organizations to provide volunteers.
We connect with local business:
- Provide services through our contracts with Work division
- Are a member of Selkirk Biz (Chamber of Commerce):
- Sponsor the Inclusive Business Award
- Sponsor Speakers specific to our sector, such as Mark Wafer.
- Support local businesses with our purchasing power
- Provide the resource of our Director of Community Development to provide information on current issues within the sector, such as:
- Inclusive hiring
- Accessibility Legislation
- Support employers around inclusive practices.