FOR FAMILIES & SELF-ADVOCATES
Employment Skills Day Program
Building skills for employment through contract work and volunteer placements
Who We Serve
Individuals working toward paid employment
What We Do
- Arrange volunteer work placements at non-profit or community organizations
- Make referrals to our social enterprises - Community Threads and Riverside Grill for work experience
- Provide essential skills training
- Help with job searches
- Provide job coaching
- Provide ongoing employment supports as needed to maintain paid employment
- Make referrals to Manitoba Supported Employment Agency
We understand that our day programs cannot develop all of the skills for success in paid employment for everyone.
Our social enterprises - Community Threads and Riverside Grill - provide an opportunity to gain work experience in a business with a safe learning environment. In these settings, participants experience the realities of work as they develop skills that can lead to successful employment.