FOR FAMILIES & SELF-ADVOCATES
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Check out our Menu
Riverside Grill is a social enterprise owned by Inclusion Selkirk. Our restaurant works toward earning a profit while contributing to social good - providing volunteer work placements for people living with intellectual disabilities who want to:
- Train to work in the kitchen, as a waitress, or in a customer service role
- Gain experience and comfort in the restaurant industry
- Develop skills that can be used to acquire another job.
Riverside Grill training includes:
- Employers' expectations regarding attendance, vacation and appointments
- Dealing with the public in a customer service role
- Interacting with co-workers.
Working at the Riverside Grill is helping me to develop my cooking skills by preparing food. Before I started at the Grill, my memory was not very good as I could only do small tasks one at a time but now I can multi-task. I enjoy working at the Grill.