FOR FAMILIES & SELF-ADVOCATES
Funding for residential supports is not guaranteed and can take up to 10 years to obtain. We encourage you to contact us at least five years before your desired move date. So we can help you plan a transition while assisting you to navigate the funding and find the right residential services.
It can be overwhelming to choose a residential support service for a family member. The decision requires a trusting relationship and lots of time.
How We Help
We work with you to:
- Explore all community options to find the most suitable one
- Develop the best home possible that works for you
- Complete a transition that allows you to feel comfortable and secure in your choices
If you choose Inclusion Selkirk for residential supports, we will:
- Develop a residential plan that includes transition planning
- Create a funding proposal and submit it to government
- Join you in government meetings to advocate for services, transition plans and funding
- Provide transitional respite supports (once transition plans are government-approved.
- Provide emotional supports throughout the process.
General Summary of Options
- 24 hours of supports/supervision
- Shared home with private bedroom space
- Staff assist with aspects of daily life, medical supports and finances.
Supported Independent Living
- Up to 20 hours of support per week
- Staff helps with banking, shopping and preparing meals
- Supports are built around the specific needs of the person.
- One-on-one home setting for individuals who require specialized supports.
Please contact us to schedule an appointment.
We look forward to hearing about your needs and sharing more information on residential supports.